Sunday 27 January 2013

Font Analysis.

For my magazine I want to use a clear and possibly bold font, whilst keeping it stylish. I don't want it to be to arty or unusual because I feel this will deter from the impression I want to create. I will use similar fonts throughout my magazine as the one on my masthead, to create continuity and keeping my magazine down to earth.

1.  I liked the 'TRANSFORMERS' font because it conveys power and I also like how the 'T' and 'F' drop below the other letters highlighting the beginning of the two words compounded together to create the one. 

2. I like 'COALITION' because it is bold and strong, whilst I also like the fade along the bottom, giving it an authentic rugged style upon the text.

3. The 'PEPSI' font is good especially the 'e' and 's' which come to life with the font. I could use this in my magazine if I entitle it 'deck' because it would enhance the 'e'. 

4. I liked the techno look on the 'GOOD TIMES' font which I thought was pretty interesting. I also think it could suit my Indie genre.

5. I thought the 'CALL ME MAYBE' font was really good, looking as if it had been created by a whiteboard pen. This do it yourself style could certainly suit the Indie genre. 

6/7. I also admire the bubble fonts of 'Alba' and 'Disko' because they to look as if they were drawn, which once again fits the 'do it yourself' Indie element. I also like the bubble style. 

8. neon is a great font I like the way that the 'e' twists to the side, which again would work if I called my magazine 'Deck'. It also has a techno feel fitting the Indie genre. 

9. I love the 'Simple Kind Of Girl' font because it looks like it has been handwritten. This fits the do it yourself Indie style, but also the simplicity suits a Folk genre. So I especially like this font.  

10. The 'Cocktail Bubbly' font is interesting because of the bubbles emerging from the letters which is something different. Also if I called my magazine 'Burst' this font would be especially appropriate. 

11. Finally 'Easter Fun By Tom' has a small Aztec pattern upon the top and bottom of the letters, which fits the Indie genre as these are quite popular among people of this style.  

No comments:

Post a Comment