Monday 18 March 2013

3. What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

After looking at the 3 main institutions involved within the publication of magazines for the Music industry, I have come to the conclusion that IPC Media would be most suited to publishing my final piece music magazine. They are currently experiencing  major success with NME and reach out to 26 million adults a month. Whilst also having success with online magazines which could add another dimension to my magazine, in a generation where going online is massive. 

Meanwhile there is a gap in the market for a Hipster Music Magazine aimed at 16-30 year olds, therefore I feel that IPC Media could take my magazine and make it a great success by tapping into a gap in the market.  Also with their online success, this could be ideal for my magazine as Hipsters often prefer to find things online or download magazines onto their Tablets. As a result being the first to find it and setting a trend, as opposed to just buying the magazine in a newsagents as anybody can do. 

So with their outstanding publishing reputation I believe they could take my magazine far within the open market place due to their great credibility and reputation within the market, as well as their know how regarding new publications. 

IPC Media.png

2 comments: